Dear Harvard College Students,
As the semester has come to an end, I want to express my sincere thanks and appreciation for all you have contributed to this community over the course of the past few months. I am incredibly grateful to have the opportunity to work with all of you.
I also want to share with you the progress we have made on the many important issues facing our community. Together, we have
- increased student-faculty-administration collaboration to advance Harvard’s mission, such as the Honor Council and the Task Force for Inclusion and Belonging;
- increased support for events outside of the classroom, such as Classroom to Table, to create opportunities for intellectual, personal, and social transformation;
- provided additional funding to student organizations, the Freshman Dean’s office, and the Houses to foster an inclusive social environment and create more social choices for our students;
- created and launched a new online training designed to educate members of our community about the resources that exist at the College working to prevent and to respond to incidents of sexual and gender-based harassment, including sexual assault, and the Sexual and Gender-Based Harassment Policy for Harvard University;
- focused more intensively on supporting undocumented students in our community, including sponsoring DACA renewal clinics and convening a working group to figure out short and long term strategies to support students.
The College is committed to supporting these initiatives and to spearheading new efforts to improve your Harvard College experience. It is through our combined efforts of staff, faculty, and all of you, along with the support of our community at large, that we continue to thrive and succeed. I look forward to working with you in 2017 to embrace new opportunities and tackle new challenges.
My very best wishes to you and your loved ones for this holiday season.