Alert: Early Action Admission Decisions
Early Action admission decisions will be released no earlier than 7 PM ET on Thursday, December 12th. Applicants should check their Applicant Portal to view their status update.
Last Updated: December 09, 9:04pm
Take the next step in your academic journey.
We seek promising students who will contribute to the Harvard community during their college years, and to society throughout their lives.
While academic accomplishment is important, the Admissions Committee considers many other factors—strong personal qualities, special talents or excellences of all kinds, perspectives formed by unusual personal circumstances, and the ability to take advantage of available resources and opportunities.
First-Year Application Requirements
All first-year applicants—both international and U.S. candidates—must complete the Common Application, the Universal College Application, or the Coalition Application along with the required supplements. You will need to submit:
- Common Application, Coalition Application, or Universal College Application
- Harvard College Questions for the Common Application, Coalition Application, or the Universal College Application Harvard supplement
- $75 fee (or request a fee waiver)
- ACT or SAT (with or without writing)
- 2 SAT Subject Tests (recommended, except in the case of financial hardship)
- Optional: AP or other examination results
- School Report and high school transcript
- Teacher Report (2)
- Midyear School Report (after your first semester grades)
- Final School Report (for admitted students only)
You may apply to Harvard under either our Early Action or our Regular Decision program, both of which allow you to compare admission and financial aid offers from other institutions and to wait until May 1 to make a final college choice.
- Early Action candidates apply by November 1 and receive notification by mid-December.
- Regular Decision candidates apply by January 1 and receive notification by late March.
First-year Timeline Questions
You can afford Harvard
In just a few minutes, you can get a personalized estimate of your Harvard scholarship with our Net Price Calculator.
Restrictive Early Action
Applying to Harvard under the Restrictive Early Action program empowers you to make a college choice early. Early applicants apply by November 1 and hear from us by mid-December.
If your record and accomplishments have been consistently strong over time, Early Action may be an attractive choice. You don’t have to commit to coming to Harvard, but you will learn earlier if it is an option for you.
Consider if Early Action is Right for You
Mailing Your Application
Applications that are received in the mail will be treated equally by the Admissions Committee. However, applications submitted online are processed faster and allow your school officials to submit their part of your application online as well. Please choose one option only: either apply online or send an application through the mail.
Please note that you can only download and print the following forms - you will not be able to complete them electronically. Printable forms are only available for Universal Application. You can view all of the Universal Application forms here.