Your Trip to Harvard
We welcome you to come visit us and experience Harvard for yourself. We hope the following information helps you get here easily. If you’ve registered for an information session and/or tour, please reference the location information in your confirmation email for the most up-to-date address and directions. Our information sessions and tours take place at Agassiz House (5 James Street, Cambridge, MA).
Directions to Harvard College
Traveling by public transit:
From Logan Airport
- For travel by subway, take the SILVER LINE to South Station. Then switch to the RED LINE (inbound toward Alewife). Travel six stops to HARVARD SQUARE. The subway ride from Logan Airport takes about 45 minutes and the fare is $2.00.
- By taxi, the ride will take about 20 to 30 minutes to reach Harvard Square, depending on traffic, and will cost about $35.
From South Station (bus/train)
- Take the RED LINE (inbound toward Alewife) and travel six stops to HARVARD SQUARE.
Traveling by car:
- Traffic in and around Harvard Square can be heavy, so in order to get to the Visitor Center on time for an information session and tour, please allow for an extra 30 to 40 minutes of travel time.
Please call ahead to the parking venue you’re considering, because parking spots fill up quickly during peak season.
Commercial garages offering daily parking:
- Pilgrim Parking, 41 Church Street, Cambridge, MA, 617-661-5614
- University Place Garage, 124 Mt. Auburn Street, Cambridge, MA 617-491-0801
- The Charles Hotel Garage, 1 Bennett Street, Cambridge, MA 617-864-1200
Campus parking options:
You may purchase a pass online for Harvard garages on Oxford Street and Broadway (7 Felton Street in Cambridge). You will need a printer to complete this transaction. When prompted, select:
- Department: Admin. & Financial Aid
- Department Code: 3003
On-street / metered parking:
On-street parking in Cambridge is available, but scarce. Parking meters run from one to two hours, and will take quarters only. The Admissions Office cannot make change and does not maintain a supply of coins, so please bring quarters with you. A further advisory: Cambridge parking violations start at $25.00, and meters are monitored closely by transportation officers. We do not reimburse visitors for parking tickets you may acquire.
For visitors with disabilities:
For parking requests based on disability or medical conditions, please contact the University Disability Coordinator at 617-495-1859 or email email@example.com 7-10 days before your planned visit.