Dear Harvard College Parents, Guardians and Families,
I hope that you had a relaxing Thanksgiving break and that you are doing well and staying healthy.
By now, you have likely seen the message from President Bacow, Dean Gay and me sent earlier today regarding plans for the Spring 2021 term. Below you will find key points from the message, as well as an invitation to a panel discussion tomorrow (Wednesday, December 2nd) at 7:00 PM EST.
2020-21 Academic Year Spring Term Details:
- Harvard College seniors will be invited to campus and will be given first priority for housing. The following students will also be given housing priority:
- Juniors who completed the Fall 2020 semester;
- Students who were approved this fall to study in residence due to learning environment needs;
- Students who were approved to remain in housing beyond November 22;
- Students who live in time zones four or more hours distant from Eastern Standard Time; and
- Students (including first-year students and sophomores) who have learning environment needs for the spring term.
- Finally, juniors who were not enrolled or did not complete the Fall 2020 semester may apply for housing and will be accommodated to the greatest degree possible.
- For all enrolled students, instruction will continue to be fully remote for the remainder of the academic year.
- The spring term will begin as originally scheduled, on January 25th.
- In place of spring break, five scheduled wellness days distributed across the term instead of spring break.
- This information can be viewed in greater detail by visiting the 2020-21 academic year calendar.
Panel Discussion on Spring Term
I hope you will join me for a panel discussion along with Dean of Undergraduate Education Amanda Claybaugh, Interim Allston Burr Resident Dean of Cabot House Meg Lockwood, who is also serving as a Special Advisor to the Dean’s Office for COVID-19, and Dean of Students Katie O’Dair. This will be an opportunity to learn more about the plans for the spring term, and ask any questions you may have. I also encourage you to submit your question in advance by using this form. If you are unable to attend, a recording of the session will be emailed to students by early next week.
More information can be found by visiting https://college.harvard.edu/ourpathforward.
Danoff Dean of Harvard College